Monday, October 1, 2012

October Returns

It's the first of October, and I'm back from my weblogging vacation--I had plenty of time to think once I'd stepped away from the treadmill, and more importantly, I was able to continue a limited media vacation. I feel a hell of a lot better about myself now, having kept myself from drowning in bad news that just gets worse for the last few weeks. To be honest, I was getting tired of maintaining Acts of Minor Treason as purely a commentary vehicle--of actively looking for things that irritated me enough to justify writing about them.

Things aren't going to be like that here anymore. Anyone can go anywhere for commentary on and interpretation of the news. I'd rather this weblog be something where you'll find things that don't appear elsewhere.

In that idiom, then, the daily-update schedule is over. I will no longer be posting something every day for the sake of posting something every day. With new posts becoming less frequent, I'll work to make sure that the posts themselves are of high quality so that they're worth your time. I'm already working on a few things...

- A convention report of Chicon 7, the 70th World Science Fiction Convention,
- Tunnel Visions reports on the Portland and Seattle streetcar systems,
- Reviews of not-well-known short science fiction and beers,
- And other things I haven't figured out yet.

Thanks for sticking around with this weblog, and with me. I'll do what I can to make it worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me. Stay positive.

    btw, did you see these excellent photos of the new Toronto Spadina extension tunnel at:
    http://www.blogto.com/city/2012/09/ever_wondered_what_a_new_subway_tunnel_looks_like/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Andrew! I have to admit that I was impressed with the consistency of your previous posting schedule, but I can see how that would have gotten onerous.

    ReplyDelete