Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Bit of Doggerel

Today is "Doggerel Day" on Acts of Minor Treason, a distinction I only invented just this minute. I haven't been posting much recently because my main computer experienced a catastrophic processor meltdown last week, and I am relegated to my 2007-era backup. There was a time, not so long ago, when 2007 was unbelievably futuristic... alas.

But I do have something today--something quick, something minor, something dredged from the edges of memory. Verses like it were an integral part of my up-north camping experience as a youth, and with a slight bit of lyrical modification, it becomes highly appropriate to the present day.

They say that in Vancouver, the weather's kind of wet
Was raining when I got here, it hasn't let up yet
Oh, I don't want no more of B.C. life
Gee, ma, I want to go
Back to Ontario
Gee, ma, I want to go home!


Relevant meaning, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment