Saturday, July 28, 2012

Photo: A Rosy DeLorean

There are some things that plenty of people can recognize, are intimately familiar with, without ever having seen the real deal--this happened to me with parts of Los Angeles, given the sheer number of movies filmed there. It's also the case with the DeLorean DMC-12, probably the most well-known car of the last forty years that most people have never seen outside of a television or movie screen.

I went through my whole life without seeing a DeLorean up close and personal until I made it to Portland last month. My visit intersected with the Starlight Parade of the Portland Rose Festival, so I checked it out. I didn't expect to find a DeLorean near the front of the pack, decked out in neon in all its gull-winged glory. The flux capacitor is probably done up in the same way.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

This means that you are free to Share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to Remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions: Attribution (you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor, but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work), Noncommercial (you may not use this work for commercial purposes), and Share Alike (if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment