Saturday, February 5, 2011

Photo: Island of Industry

As far as I can tell, no one lives on Annacis Island. Aside from a rest stop toward the middle of the island, where drivers on BC Highway 91 can pull off the road for McDonald's or gasoline, most of it seems devoted to industry. I crossed it on foot on a Sunday, a fair explanation as to why it was so empty of activity - but it's not always so. While aboard a SkyTrain roaring toward 22nd Street Station, I was able to capture this plume of emission - whatever it is - rising from one of the Annacis industries in front of the Alex Fraser Bridge, on a typically grey Lower Mainland winter day.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment