Thursday, February 3, 2011

Photo: In the Long Shadow of Mount Baker

One of the things I've had to come to terms with since arriving in British Columbia is that geography can't be ignored here. It's not like southern Ontario, where there's the water and there's the not-water and that's pretty much it. Here, when the sky is blue and the day is clear, I can look to the southeast and see a stratovolcano - Mount Baker in Whatcom County, Washington, a mountain more than ten thousand feet high and a hundred kilometers away.

I took this photo from the rooftop parking lot at the Oakridge Centre in Vancouver.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment