Monday, February 7, 2011

Photo: Community Vehicular Reclamation Project

Toronto's Kensington Market is one of those places that's difficult to pin down if you've never been. When describing it to Vancouverites I've settled upon "roughly, a combination of Granville Island and Main Street," but that doesn't really get the feeling across. The eclectic businesses, the busy sidewalks, the one-way streets and the Pedestrian Sundays - perhaps this is similar to what Kits was like forty years ago, but now I can't think of anything.

Back in mid-September, a week or so before I left Toronto, I captured what appears to be one of the fixtures of the market; some kind of car that's been wholly reclaimed as a patch of nature. Perhaps if more cars looked like this, our cities and our world wouldn't be in quite so sticky a situation today.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. That car looks pretty interesting, I think that it is great that someone is doing something like that.

    ReplyDelete