Sunday, February 13, 2011

Photo: Bridging the Sunset

The Alex Fraser Bridge, spanning the Fraser River between Annacis Island and the mainland in Delta, has shown up in a few previous photos here, mostly because I like its architecture and it's generally a striking presence on the New Westminster riverfront horizon. Some time ago I was down there near to sunset, and managed to get this picture while the western sky seemed to be on fire.

I consider myself fortunate that I stumbled onto this one - that the clouds were in such a spot that they framed the sunset, but didn't overwhelm it. Twenty minutes later, it was all gone but the bridge.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment