Thursday, December 23, 2010

Photo: Warning, Unstable Area

North Dakota can be a strange place. While the eastern portion of the state is practically the absence of geography, just flat plains reaching out to forever, the lay of the land begins to shift the closer you approach Montana. If you're following Interstate 94 like I was, eventually you'll reach Theodore Roosevelt National Park, and the badlands that it protects. Seeing that landscape out there, eroded hills and valleys of a sort I'd never seen before, was the first geographic clue that I was finally in the wide-open West.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment