Wednesday, November 3, 2010

PDP #306: Flooding Dunsmuir

For this one I know the what but not the why. While making my way up Granville Street the other night to get to the SkyTrain, I noticed an unusual stream of water flowing the other way - unusual because it was not actually raining right then. The intersection of Granville and Dunsmuir was a massive puddle, something I found rather reminiscent of Los Angeles, actually - they don't have much drainage infrastructure there as it doesn't rain too much, and so when it does come down it tends to linger.

You can see the cause up past the intersection if you look carefully: there's a hose snaking its way out of the Pacific Centre, spraying a constant jet of water onto the street. Maybe some of their pipes burst and the basement was flooding. I don't know. I said I had the what, but not the why.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment