Saturday, October 2, 2010

PDP #290: Borderline

This overland trip from Toronto to Vancouver marked the first time I've crossed the United States border by land without crossing a river. I hadn't expected a forty-minute wait to cross from Blaine to Surrey, and considering the length of the journey and the closeness of Vancouver, it wasn't exactly something I'd been looking forward to, even though I understand the necessity. Still, on the other hand, the lineup allowed me to get this picture - taken precisely on the United States-Canada border. Not many borders have the luxury of being so open.

For details, this photo is looking east - Canada is on the left side of the monument, and the United States on the right.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment