Sunday, January 17, 2010

PDP #162: Look to the West

Last month, after the completion of construction on most of the right-of-way, the 512 St. Clair streetcar service was extended west along St. Clair Avenue from its previous temporary terminus at St. Clair West station to Earlscourt Loop at Lansdowne Avenue. Come the spring, the last niggling bits of construction are scheduled to be completed, and streetcars will once again roll from Yonge Street to Keele.

Nevertheless, it took a long time - construction of this right-of-way started back in 2005 - but I think it's worth it. Yesterday I was able to take a one-seat ride from Yonge Street to Dufferin, and I did it north of Bloor. I've never been able to do that before; I only moved permanently to Toronto in 2006, after the right-of-way project had begun.

This was the first time I had ever seen, let alone boarded, a streetcar signed 512 KEELE. Here it's travelling through the loop at St. Clair station, ready to head west.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment