Tuesday, January 5, 2010

PDP #156: Order and Expanse

Given the cities I'm used to, one of the factors that weirded me out about Los Angeles is how low to the ground it is. I can understand why - seismic issues, and smaller buildings are less vulnerable than taller ones. Nevertheless, in a lot of the city it seemed to me that outside the downtown core and its coterie of skyscrapers, there were only a handful of buildings more than three stories high. Los Angeles sprawls as it is; the seeming lack of mid-sized apartment buildings, compared to places like Toronto or even Barrie, made it seem even more of a sprawl.

This photo was taken on December 5, 2009, during descent into Los Angeles International Airport.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment