Friday, January 1, 2010

PDP #154: To Far Away Times

I'll admit that I'm not the most optimistic person in the world. If you've read this weblog for a while you'll probably have gathered that. We've made it through the first decade of the twenty-first century, true, but there are nine more left - and if the last ten years have shown us anything, it's that a lot of things can happen in ten years. Bad, and good.

We just can't let go of the hope, and I don't want to start the '10s out on a sour note. So here's a photo I took from the edge of the pier in Santa Monica, looking out over Santa Monica Bay into the practically endless Pacific. Beyond that horizon, anything could be waiting for us - beyond that horizon, we might just find our bright future. All we need to do is go out there and make it so.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

2 comments: