Saturday, September 5, 2009

PDP #96: All Along the Waterfront

Recently I decided I didn't have enough crazy adventures in my life, so this morning I woke early and brought my bicycle on a GO train to Oshawa. From there, I set out to bike back home to Toronto, following as close as I could the route of the Waterfront Trail. It went pretty well until Pickering, when it broke down with discontinuities, and in Toronto, where it disappeared entirely for a massive stretch of Scarborough. I only got as far as Guildwood GO Station before I felt like I could go no farther.

Today's photo comes from the waterfront of Ajax, third of the five municipalities I passed through, looking west. Toronto's skyline is lost in the distant smoggy horizon - that is, if it's ever visible from that perspective - but between a gap in the trees, the outline of Pickering Nuclear Generating Station is just visible.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment