Monday, July 27, 2009

PDP #76: The Driving Rain

Weather has never been 100% predictable. The forecast for yesterday made no bones about how Toronto was to be subjected to thunderstorms, but the alternating periods of light and shadow made it easy to believe the big downpour was still a ways away. It wasn't until just after we left the pub that it really started raging down.

I thank Frank Gehry for it not soaking me to the bone. The recent renovation of the Art Gallery of Ontario includes a rather wide overhang above the sidewalk, and we waited there in its rain shadow for the worst of it to pass. I wasn't about to miss the opportunity for some street-level rainy day photographs in the meantime, though.

This is the intersection of Dundas Street West and McCaul Street, looking to the northeast. I wasn't sure how obvious the heavy rain would be in the camera's eye, but it's there; I particularly like the misty effect on the roof of the approaching streetcar.

Also, to all you new readers, welcome - take some time and look around! There's plenty to see.

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment