Saturday, June 27, 2009

PDP #62: Please Do Not Litter

Nearly a week into the city workers' strike, garbage is beginning to pile up around Metro's overflowing receptacles. Just before the strike deadline last week, all the city-run receptacles were wrapped in plastic ribbons with signs exhorting people to not litter.

That lasted a matter of hours. For a few lucky ones, a day or two. At this point there's probably not one left in the downtown core that's not overflowing. Pity the tourists, I say.

So it was rather a surprise when, while cycling along Rogers Road in York this morning, I found a city garbage receptacle east of McRoberts Avenue that was completely intact and had no refuse pileup at all.

I wonder, I wonder, how long that's going to last.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment