Saturday, May 2, 2009

PDV #1: The Rosedale Railroad

That isn't a typo - it does signify a lapse of judgement, though. I've had my current camera - an Olympus FE-310, with eight megapixels of beauty and wonder - for more than a year now, and I've only just comprehended that I can take videos with it as easily as photos. Sure, I always knew that I could, but I never really did.

Some things are just captured better in motion. So, I give you the first in a series of Public Domain Videography.

Today's video was filmed a little more than an hour ago from Aylmer Avenue, where it crosses the subway tracks of the Yonge line, and looking into the TTC's Rosedale subway station as a northbound train to Finch departs and a southbound train to Downsview arrives. Back in the 1950s, when this portion of the line was built, some of the stations between Bloor and Eglinton resembled Rosedale in terms of the tracks being on the surface. Much of the line has been roofed over since then, and today Rosedale is one of the few stations for which a perspective like this is possible.

I have to wonder if the driver of the southbound train was honking at me.



I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment