Monday, March 23, 2009

PDP #16: Some Kind of Library

It's fortunate that time travel is currently unfeasible. Once those negative-matter cylinders start spinning at an appreciable fraction of lightspeed, and wormhole mouths start getting put on ships boosting out at high sublight, it's almost a certainty that aside from killing Hitler, people will use the opportunity for travelling into the past to beat the tar out of their younger selves.

I can relate. I look at some things I did then, watch some home videos I made then (for "remembrance" purposes), and am pained. Everyone's old shame is incarnated in their own past. Take, for example, today's photograph. Would you believe that I lived across the street from the Peterborough Public Library for two years, close enough that I could see it from my bedroom window, and this is the only picture I have of it?

Sometimes, I swear, effects can't precede their causes soon enough.


I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment