Sunday, January 11, 2009

Perhaps the Introductions Are In Order

I really wanted to be able to skip this.

If you're really lucky, you'll be reading this weblog at some point in the future, when you're already aware of the information I'm about to lay out. Right now, though, I can't take that chance. Look, I know you probably hate infodumps - most people do, including me - so I'll keep it brief. Then I can move on with the meat of it.

My name is Andrew Barton, and after eleven-or-so years of fancying myself a science fiction writer, I became one. My first published story, "The Platinum Desolation," is included in the anthology Return to Luna, published by Hadley Rille Books in December 2008. I'm not stopping there, either. I have very little doubt that this weblog will soon resemble the old Tacoma Narrows Bridge under the weight of the rejections I'll surely pile up for my other stories.

I also practice photography, though Canadian winter has put a real damper on that as of late. Each of the photographs which I take and post here will be released either to the public domain or via a Creative Commons license, as those things are pretty neat. You'll also be able to find ruminations, reviews, and other clips of commentary which warrant the effort of being distilled to their basics and typed up.

I think that's enough for today. I hate being didactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment